Search our vacancies
Click here for information about our Transition to Speciality Practice programs (TSP) and our Post Graduate Study options.
Eastern Health offers a wide variety of clinical placement experiences to Pre-Registration (Undergraduate) Nursing and Midwifery students.
For nursing students placements may include: Acute; Specialty areas; Rehabilitation; Palliative Care; Community and Mental Health. Students should ask their Higher Educational Provider (Tertiary) or Vocational Education Provider for more information.
For midwifery students placements may include: antenatal clinic; foetal monitoring; birth suite; post natal; lactation clinic; special care nursery and domiciliary or Mid-care.
*Please note that any enquiries or requests for clinical placements must go through your education provider
For urgent matters relating to existing pre-registration nursing/midwifery student placements please email Student.Placements@easternhealth.org.au
Eastern Health offers a 6 month induction program for all Enrolled Nurse who join us. The program includes a series of study days and clinical competency assessments, with supported learning in the clinical environment and through the simulated education centres (SIM). Places are offered to new ENs who join Eastern Health via our usual recruitment processes. Please note – the ENIP is not a recruitment program.
For more information please email ENIP@easternhealth.org.au
For vacant EN roles please click here.
Eastern Health is pleased to offer the RN Refresher program once again in 2017, which provides a supported program of education, clinical teaching, ward-based learning and additional support whilst gaining experience in the clinical setting. The program will run in March and October 2017.
The refresher program is free for participants, and can be undertaken over four – six weeks (full time five days per week) or eight weeks part time (three or four days per week) and includes access to clinical educator support, professional development study days, skill acquisition via simulation based learning and clinical placement in the acute ward setting. There is no requirement to work weekends or night duty.
On completion of the program you will have the opportunity to apply for vacant positions within Eastern Health.
Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (without conditions/notations) is essential. Previous acute experience will be considered favourably.
Minimum criteria for the program includes:
• Must have current RN registration with the Nursing Midwifery Board of Australia
• Must demonstrate the right to live and work in Australia
• Must meet the required level of spoken and written English language
• Must commit to completing the program of study and clinical placement hours
• Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening, including reference checks, immunisation status and a police check
• Must have professional indemnity insurance
• Basic computer skills are required to undertake the study component of this program
Please note -This program is not suitable for newly registered graduate nurses, or nurses who have not worked as an RN in Australia, and is not currently available for Midwives or Enrolled Nurses.
For further information or for any enquiries please email RNRP@easternhealth.org.au.
To view a slideshow containing more information about the program, click here.
Eastern Health is offering Emergency Nurses with current registration with the Nursing Midwifery Board of Australia an opportunity to re-enter the nursing workforce at Box hill Hospital.
Eastern Health is seeking Emergency Nurses for our new Emergency Nurse Refresher Program commencing at Box Hill Emergency Department in July 2017. This program is free to participants and will provide you with a supported program of education, clinical teaching, Emergency Department based learning and additional support whilst regaining skills and confidence in the clinical setting.
The refresher program can be undertaken on a full or part time basis and includes clinical educator support, professional development study days, skill acquisition via simulation based learning and clinical placement in the ED.
On successful completion of the program you will have the opportunity to apply for ongoing employment.
Current registration (without conditions) is essential. Previous acute experience will be considered favourably.
This program is not suitable for Enrolled Nurses.
Minimum criteria for the program:
- Must have current condition free RN registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia with Emergency setting experience in the last 5 years.
- Recent clinical experience in an Acute environment is essential
- Post Graduate qualifications in Critical Care will be highly regarded
- Evidence of Professional Indemnity Insurance
In addition, to meet eligibility for this program applicants:
- Must demonstrate the right to live and work in Australia
- Must meet the required level of spoken and written English language
- Must commit to completing the program of study and clinical placement hours
- Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening, including reference checks, immunisation status and a police check
- Computer skills are required to undertake the study component of this program
Please note this program is not suitable for newly qualified nurses. Applicants who have not had Emergency department experience, or who cannot demonstrate a work history as an RN in Australia will not be considered.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity you are invited to attend our information session at Box Hill Hospital (meet in Main Entrance, at 8 Arnold Street)
Thursday 8th June at 5.45 PM prompt.
At the information session, which will take approximately 1 hour, you will learn more about the program, meet our staff and take a tour of the Emergency Department. You do not need to book.
Eastern Health employs Health Assistants in nursing in our wards across the health service. Health Assistants work alongside our nursing teams to support patients and their families with their basic care.
We are not currently recruiting. Any vacancies for HAN roles will be advertised on our careers page https://eh.mercury.com.au.
Any queries can be emailed to email@example.com.
Click here for information on how to apply to Casual Bank
Nurse & Midwife Support (NM Support) is a national telephone and online service that provides confidential advice to nurses and midwives about their health and wellbeing. The service also offers support to nursing and midwifery students, educators, employers and concerned family members. To access NM Support or for further information, call 1800 667 877 or visit www.nmsupport.org.au.
- About us
- Eastern Health 2022
- Board of Directors
- Executive Team
- Consumer, Carer & Community Participation
- Eastern Health Foundation
- Privacy at Eastern Health
- Freedom of Information
- Quality and Safety
- Information for Suppliers
- Eastern Health Hospital, Precinct and Program Map
- A–Z Service Directory
- Mental Health Services
- Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS)
- Adult Mental Health
- Central East Mental Health Services
- Outer East Mental Health Service
- Triage And Emergency Department Response Service
- Families where a Parent has a Mental Illness (FaPMI)
- Dual Diagnosis
- Useful Links
- Aged Persons Mental Health Services (APMHS)
- Consultation-Liaison (CL) Psychiatry
- Mental Health Act Implementation Project
- Eastern Mental Health Service Coordination Alliance
- Families where a Parent has a Mental Illness (FaPMI)
- Ambulatory & Community Services
- Continuing Care
- Maternity Services
- I am pregnant
- First 14 Weeks
- 14 to 28 Weeks
- 28 Weeks to Birth
- I have given birth
- Maternity Resources for GPs
- I am pregnant
- Allied Health Services
- Clinical and Health Psychology
- Exercise Physiology
- Interpreting Services
- Occupational therapy
- Physiotherapy - Continence and Women’s Health
- Physiotherapy – Inpatient Services
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Spiritual care
- Language Services
- Imaging Services
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Patients and Visitors
- Angliss Hospital
- Box Hill Hospital
- Healesville Hospital and Yarra Valley Health
- Maroondah Hospital
- Peter James Centre
- Turning Point
- Wantirna Health
- Yarra Ranges Health
- Research & Ethics
- Latest News
- Research Ethics
- Research Programs
- Education and Training
- Statistical Consulting Service
- Library Services
- Funding Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Health Professionals
- Current Vacancies
- Why Work with us?
- Medical Recruitment
- Graduate Nurses & Midwives
- Nursing & Midwifery
- Allied Health
- Medical Training & Education
- Work Experience Program for Secondary School Students
- Contact us