Frequently Asked Questions
About the redevelopment...
When completed in early 2017, the hospital and community health centre will be larger (to support new services) with improved facilities and equipment.
What's included in the redevelopment?
- A new, enlarged operating theatre complex with access to modern technology and separate theatre and ward entrances
- A new renal dialysis unit, commencing with six chairs
- A redeveloped community health centre, with an increase in the number of consulting rooms and capacity to extend the Primary Care GP Service staffing and hours
- A refurbished and modernised interior, as well as improved parking and open spaces
- Space for a birthing room and ensuite when and if demand for birthing services across the Yarra Ranges increases and Eastern Health is able to provide a safe and sustainable birthing service.
Please note: Most Healesville Hospital services have been temporarily relocated during the redevelopment. For more information, please call 1300 342 255.
Mark Hoffman, Manager of Capital Projects, Eastern Health
PH: 0419 358 415
The service profile and service model for Healesville Hospital and Yarra Valley Health is based on the best evidence that is available and has now been finalised.
- Introducing a maternity model that provides antenatal and postnatal midwifery care in the Healesville area, bringing services closer to where mothers live
- Increasing inpatient general medicine services
- Continuing acute, inpatient care, particularly for older patients
- Continuing to provide endoscopy and low-complexity surgery
- Introducing a renal dialysis service
- Expanding and improving facilities for community health services
- Expanding and improving access to specialist (outpatient) clinics
- Increasing palliative care and mental health services
- Improving the rooms for inpatients so they are more private by reducing the number of shared rooms and providing ensuite access in all rooms.
Works are well underway at the Redevelopment site
The Healesville Hospital and Yarra Valley Health Redevelopment starts to take shape
The main corridor of the new hospital
Capital projects manager Mark Hoffman shows where the new surgical theatre will be
Yarra Valley Health update: Notice of Temporary Relocation
Works on the $8.8 million Healesville Hospital and Yarra Valley Health Redevelopment are currently underway.
Due to these construction works, Yarra Valley Health will temporarily relocate some services to its shopfront office at 297 Maroondah Highway, Healesville (opposite Beechworth Bakery) from Monday, April 18.
- Services which will relocate to the shopfront office include:
- Account payments
- General inquiries
- Diabetes Educator
Our Primary Care GP Service and Physiotherapy Service will remain at their current location in White Street, Healesville.
Eastern Health would like to thank our patients, their families and our staff for their patience and understanding during the construction period.
For more information, call: 1300 342 255 (press option 6).
Bright future for better healthcare
Positive progress is continuing to be made on the Healesville Hospital and Yarra Valley Health Redevelopment.
Six months on since works commenced, Eastern Health’s Yarra Ranges Chief of Clinical and Site Operations Lisa Lynch said demolition works were now complete, with the redevelopment starting to take shape. Click here for more information.
Better healthcare on the way for Healesville and Yarra Ranges communities
It’s all systems go for the $8.8 million Healesville Hospital and Yarra Valley Health Redevelopment, with a special event to mark the official commencement of works.
The $8.8 million project will deliver a range of services, including a new renal dialysis unit and new operating theatre complex.
Yarra Ranges Chief of Clinical & Site Operations Lisa Lynch said it was an exciting time for healthcare in the Yarra Ranges.
“This project demonstrates Eastern Health’s strong commitment to improving services in the region. With features also including new single and double patient rooms with ensuite bathrooms at the hospital, and a new paediatric gym and consulting area at Yarra Valley Health to meet increased demand, I look forward to seeing the works progress in the months ahead.”
Click here to read more.
- Staff set to return to Healesville in 2017
- Have your voice heard on new hospital site
- Bright future for better healthcare
- Better healthcare on the way for Healesville and Yarra Ranges communities
- Full steam ahead for hospital redevelopment
- Support for Yarra Ranges mothers and babies
- Hospital redevelopment update
- New GP for Yarra Valley Community Health
- Plans for $7.8 million boost to healthcare in Yarra Ranges officially unveiled
- Boost for GP Service 14 August, 2014
- Healesville Redevelopment Liaison Group Announced 6 August, 2014
- Letter to the editor – provided to Mountain Views Mail on Friday 11 July, 2014
- Response to questions regarding Yarra Valley Community Medical Clinic – provided to Mountain Views Mail on Friday 27 June, 2014
- Residents to have their say on hospital redevelopment - June 2014
- About us
- Eastern Health 2022
- Board of Directors
- Executive Team
- Consumer, Carer & Community Participation
- Eastern Health Foundation
- Privacy at Eastern Health
- Freedom of Information
- Quality and Safety
- Information for Suppliers
- Eastern Health Hospital, Precinct and Program Map
- A–Z Service Directory
- Mental Health Services
- Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS)
- Adult Mental Health
- Central East Mental Health Services
- Outer East Mental Health Service
- Triage And Emergency Department Response Service
- Families where a Parent has a Mental Illness (FaPMI)
- Dual Diagnosis
- Useful Links
- Aged Persons Mental Health Services (APMHS)
- Consultation-Liaison (CL) Psychiatry
- Mental Health Act Implementation Project
- Eastern Mental Health Service Coordination Alliance
- Families where a Parent has a Mental Illness (FaPMI)
- Ambulatory & Community Services
- Continuing Care
- Maternity Services
- I am pregnant
- First 14 Weeks
- 14 to 28 Weeks
- 28 Weeks to Birth
- I have given birth
- Maternity Resources for GPs
- I am pregnant
- Allied Health Services
- Clinical and Health Psychology
- Exercise Physiology
- Interpreting Services
- Occupational therapy
- Physiotherapy - Continence and Women’s Health
- Physiotherapy – Inpatient Services
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Spiritual care
- Language Services
- Imaging Services
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Patients and Visitors
- Angliss Hospital
- Box Hill Hospital
- Healesville Hospital
- Maroondah Hospital
- Peter James Centre
- Wantirna Health
- Yarra Ranges Health
- Turning Point
- Yarra Valley Health
- Research & Ethics
- Latest News
- Research Ethics
- Research Programs
- Education and Training
- Statistical Consulting Service
- Library Services
- Funding Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Health Professionals
- Media & Events
- Why Work with us?
- Medical Recruitment
- Graduate Nurses & Midwives 2017
- Nursing & Midwifery
- Allied Health
- Medical Training & Education
- Eastern Health Work Experience Program for Secondary School Students
- Contact us